CAREER COUNSELING CENTER
Margie Cook, Career Counselor
Hours: 7:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Phone: (307) 771-2680
in discovering career and education opportunities in order to prepare for the future."
|Follow me on Twitter! @chscareerctr|
|Welcome to the Central High Career Center!
|Please choose one of the following post-secondary options:
|Fall Scholarship Bulletin|
Brenda Abbott, the LCCC transitional advisor, will be at Central on December 17 to visit with sophomores and juniors. Please sign up in the career center to learn how you can take classes at LCCC for almost no cost!!
Free Auto Class at LCCC
Grades 9-12. "Automotive Technology" will be offered this semester at LCCC. The class runs Oct 21- Dec 5, Mon-Thurs from 3:45-6:15 pm. It will not meet the week of Thanksgiving. If you are interested come to the Career Center to sign up or contact Mrs Abbott at email@example.com with your name, grade & a phone number where you can be reached.
Admissions Reps in the Career Center:
LCCC: Luke will be here on December 9 to visit with students who have already applied, but would like help with scholarships. Please be sure to sign up in the career center!
Services and resources available for students and staff:
- Assistance with resumes, applications and mock interviews
- Announce job openings that are sent to the Career Center
- Self -assessments to identify interests, values, skills, and personality traits
- Exploration of career interests and colleges, using websites
- Career Pathway Presentations for 8th and 10th grade classes
- Individual student interviews – drop in or make an appointment
- Hathaway Scholarship Program information
- Post-secondary college and training information
- Assistance with setting up a Job Shadow and interviews
- Test dates & registration deadlines: ACT, SAT, PSAT, PLAN, WorkKeys;
- Preparation and practice for tests
- Central High School Open House