CAREER COUNSELING CENTER
Margie Cook, Career Counselor
Hours: 7:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Phone: (307) 771-2680
in discovering career and education opportunities in order to prepare for the future."
|Follow me on Twitter! @chscareerctr|
|Welcome to the Central High Career Center!
|Please choose one of the following post-secondary options:
Shane Stanfield Memorial~ For those planning to enlist in the military. Applications are in the career center.
Lori Lyman Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is in memory of our beloved science teacher, Lori Lyman. It was established by her family in 2013 to encourage and promote the post-secondary education goals of a graduating CHS student. Applications are available in the Career Center. Deadline is May 1, 2014.
Admissions Reps in the Career Center:
March 27: SCAD (Savannah College of Art & Design) 9:30am
April 7: Montana State University 9:00am
April 8: Western Nebraska Community College 8:30am
Services and resources available for students and staff:
- Assistance with resumes, applications and mock interviews
- Announce job openings that are sent to the Career Center
- Self -assessments to identify interests, values, skills, and personality traits
- Exploration of career interests and colleges, using websites
- Career Pathway Presentations for 8th and 10th grade classes
- Individual student interviews – drop in or make an appointment
- Hathaway Scholarship Program information
- Post-secondary college and training information
- Assistance with setting up a Job Shadow and interviews
- Test dates & registration deadlines: ACT, SAT, PSAT, PLAN, WorkKeys;
- Preparation and practice for tests
- Central High School Open House